Benefits Of Using A Table Saw
As they say time is money, things demanding proper fine work in lesser possible time. So cutting wood with a normal saw , you would consider yourself lucky if you have a partner helping you plus if the wood is smaller and just a straight cut, it does take too much time anyway whether you have 4 guys helping you out with a big saw blade and pulling it with all you possible force and end up all sweated and tried up but barely cutting or taking the cut out of your desire though but not anymore! As the table saw is here, Whether it’s a straight cut or round or any type of cut of your desire you can have it with the help of Table Saw and it’s just as smooth as cutting a piece of cake, not to harder not too slow but sliding gently against the blade.
- The Table Saw gives you the ease of your body , you don’t have to pull or pushing or working with all your force but concentration and with a clear picture in your mind that how exactly you want the piece to cut out, you just have to slide the wood towards the high-speed rotating blade and here you have it as you want cause as its name says it all , its Saw placed on the end of a wooden table and its connected with an electrical motor which helps it spins at a very high speed providing a sharper, smoother and quicker cut.
- It saves a lot of time and practically fewer manpower to do more work then it could be taken with the other handy manual saws.
- It doesn’t even take a lot of space and you can place it anywhere.
- It won’t be wrong to say that it was more productive and fast to work with as compared to other saws, you can get much more accurate work with good quality cutting in more quantity in a small amount of time. Its a best budget friendly equipment to have to get more work done.
- Whether its building house furniture, office furniture or furniture for the commercial use of wood, Table Saw always proved it abilities, if you want to build cabinets, draws, tables, chairs or to straightening an edge of a board or shaping them, anything you want you can build easily with a Table Saw by different types and sizes of blades according to your need and desire .
How To Use a Table saw
Before getting to work with the table saw, here are some safety measures you should know and keep in mind.
- Avoid loose or baggy clothing while operating it.
- Check the blade’s bolts and screws are tight.
- Remove the blade covers and leave the splitter on the back of the blade at its place.
- Make sure that the blade and the fence are square so your cutting line won’t go wrong.
- Keep sensible low height of blade preferably same as the height of the board you are cutting as it safer and prevents over friction and heating
- Make sure all of your fences are tight and in place.
- Look out for any knots or nails in your board before you start.
Process of Using
- The first thing you need to know how powerful and capable you Table saw’s motor is. You should use it accordingly. You can cut a board in rips which is to cut in from its length and you can also cut it from its width. To cut from its length make sure your fence is tight and right where it supposed to be helping to keep the piece of board in place while it’s being cut.
- Start the motor on and let it run until it gets at its full speed once. It’s recommended that you should first take a rough piece of board and draw cut so you could know your blade and fence is in right height and place respectively.
- The fence will help the board keeping it straight so you can get a straight cut and the splitter on the back of the blade will help keep the cut line straight and prevents the board going left or right and jumping right back at you. You can use a pushing stick for pushing the board against the blade keeping your hands safe.
- Now cutting it from its width is as easy as it is for the length, here comes the miter, gauge for the cross cut (from width) which is very useful and a handy, comes with the table saw, you can use it or different angel cross cutting.
- Set the miter gauge on the table and as advised, you can, take a piece of a board and you just need to screw it with the miter gauge at 90-degree angle for a straight cross cut and it will help you with cross-cutting the board completely. There are also a lot of different tools you can use easily cutting out the piece of your desire.
But it should be kept in mind that safety is first priority, anyone wants to operate a Table saw should have knowledge of using it as well as safety measure regarding it cause the blade rotates at very high speed and you have to push the wood logs against it with your bare hands so it needs to be very careful while working with it. Last but not least another benefit of a table saw is that you can move or shift it to any place easily.
Enjoy this and want to find something similar? Read more at How To Maintain Your Table Saw